PEEK (polyethertetherketon) is a partly crystalline thermoplastic especially suited to handling high mechanical stresses at high temperatures. Features of PEEK include:
- Continous operating temperature of +250°C; short-term operating temperature of +300°C
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Extremely high resistance to chemicals and radiation
- Resistance to hydrolysis
- No gas emission in a vacuum
- Very good tribological properties
As mentioned, moulded PEEK components largely retain their extraordinarily good mechanical properties over long periods at high extremely temperatures. This table shows percentage values indicating how PEEK’s tensile strength and expansion characteristics are retained at ageing temperatures of 100°C, 200°C and 310°C.